{Review} What if it's us

12:00




Title: What if it’s us
Authors: Becky Albertalli, Adam Silvera
Editors: HarperTeen
Pages: 448

Blurb

Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, its that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldnt be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriends things.

But when Arthur and Ben meet-cute at the post office, what exactly does the universe have in store for them?

Maybe nothing. After all, they get separated.

Maybe everything. After all, they get reunited.

But what if they cant quite nail a first date . . . or a second first date . . . or a third?

What if Arthur tries too hard to make it work . . . and Ben doesnt try hard enough?

What if life really isnt like a Broadway play?

But what if it is?



Review

I went into this book knowing next to nothing about it. Thats what I always do, the less I know, the better. Right after diving into Ben and Arthurs world, I couldnt stop reading.
I found a lot of myself in Ben. This universe is only throwing punch at usmood is totally me. I dont believe in the universe like Arthur does. So when I understood that this book was a love-at-first-sight book, I cringed. See, romance books are not really my thing. I need angst. Loads of angst. So after reading the scene where Arthur first sees Ben, I almost put the book down. But come on. Its Becky Albertlli and Adam Silvera. Of course it was going to be a good one.

Stop seeing past my bullshit, its my bullshit.

So I kept reading, loving Arthur and Ben more and more. Actually, Arthur is a lot like my girlfriend and his POV was a bit like being in her brain, so that was fun. I also absolutely loved Dylan. He might be my favorite character of the book. He is so extra, thats amazing.
I loved that there were so many Harry Potter references (by the way Ben, The Cursed Child? Read in three hours, I WIN). Arthur is a Broadway fan and oh my god, how do I feel that. I listen to Hamilton and Dear Evan Hansen almost everyday.
The characters felt real, and close to us. Like they could be our friends in a way. I liked that.

I am not throwing away my shot,Arthur says. He looks at me expectedly. Hamilton?

Knowing Adam Silvera, I was expecting heartbreak. Instead, I got a cute romance. This is the book you need to read when you feel like everything is going wrong around you. It’ll show you that sometimes the universe can be on your side.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Reading challenge

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Ams has completed her goal of reading 80 books in 2018!
hide