Why do I love The Cursed Child?

18:32



I’d been in London for barely a month when Harry Potter and The Cursed Child’s book was released. It was love at first sight. I had already tried Friday Forty every weeks since I moved to London, but without luck.

After having read the play, it was obvious. I had to see it. I just had to. I loved Albus too much not to see him. I needed to Scorpius’ goofiness. I needed to see Rose Granger-Weasley in all her glory.
So a morning, I went stage door early and waited for Sam Clemmett to arrive. I then asked him how to get tickets, because it seemed impossible at the time.
Turns out it was pretty easy, you just had to queue for returns. So a week later here I was. About to see what would become my favorite thing. I cried when I got in the theatre. I cried during the play. It was like witnessing real magic. It’s still like this. I’d honestly give anything to be able to see it every day.


I got to talk with the actors after the play, and it became my favorite part of this. So naturally, every sunday, I would go and say hi and have a chat with them.



I also met Immy, who’d seen the play the day after me. We both needed to discuss it. And soon she became one of my closest friends, and favorite person.



And then I moved out of London. I moved back to France. Leaving an emptiness into my chest, only filled when I was visiting.



A year and a half later, last April, I finally went back to see the play. With Immy. She got us amazing seats, and finally sharing this with her, seeing it with her, after talking so much about it, it was everything.

I cried again when I got into the palace. I was also very nervous because I didn’t know this cast.

Turned out I shouldn’t have because they’re all amazing. I got to chat with them later, and they are some of the nicest people.

This is for Theo who gave Albus so much thought, that really touched me. I’m passionated about Albus and he deserved an actor as thoughtful as Theo.

This is also for Tom, who became my favorite Ron, which wasn’t an easy thing. Ron’s never been my favorite but the way Tom plays him changed it.
And this is for Raki. For how strong your Hermione is. For how nice and friendly you are. For exchanging so much with us. For remembering me by a simple tweet. I was deeply moved by talking to you.

Hopefully, this summer I’ll be back. With Immy again. The Scorpius to my Albus, and one of my best friend. She is the most precious thing The Cursed Child brought me.


Love,
Ams x

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Reading challenge

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Ams has completed her goal of reading 80 books in 2018!
hide