{Interview} Beth Revis

12:00




- Do you have a person who you look up to? 

I really look up to my mother. We are very different people, and I absolutely admire the grace with which she acts under pressure. She is stronger than most people know, and unshakable in the ways that truly matter. 
- What inspired Give The Dark My Love?

It started off as a story about the difference between a monster and a hero. I wanted to paint Nedra as a monster and Grey as a hero, and then use the story to shift perspectives and show how those definitions aren't nearly so clear and easy to fit people into. But the story shifted over time as I grappled with my own grief, and it instead became a story of how grief can be monstrous, and how the choices we make are usually not black and white, but determined by our own motivation and background. Good people can do bad things in good ways and not be bad.
- I know Hamilton was the inspiration for the political part, did you listen to anything else while writing?

I did! I have an entire playlist that I listened to, with different songs for Grey chapters and Nedra chapters. I've got it posted on my Wattpad.
- Do you have traditions when it comes to writing? Like starting a notebook for each new novel

Nah, I just kind of work as I go.
- What can we expect in book 2? 

The same strength and resolve Nedra developed at the end of the first book. 
- What is your favorite book?

My favorite books of all time are CS Lewis's The Chronicles of Narnia. I can't pick one; I have to see the entire series as one book. They changed the way I see books, which means they changed the way I see the world. 



Thank you Beth for according me some of your time.
You can find a contest to win a copy of Give The Dark My Love on my instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Reading challenge

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Ams has completed her goal of reading 80 books in 2018!
hide