What you need to know to move to England.

20:05


Hi everyone!

Let me introduce myself a bit. I'm Ams, a 21 years-old Frenchie. I'm passionated (obsessed?) about music, books and writing. TV shows and movies always take a lot of my time. I'm a journalist and photographer wannabe so you can expect here posts about the shows I went to or what interesting stuff I may have done. There also will be videos! I really hope you'll like all of it. You can always leave suggestions in the comments, if you'd like to particularly see something.

As you may (or may not) know, I moved to London a couple of days ago and it was a bit of a struggle to know what I needed to be able to move in and to get a job. So I thought, hey, why not make a post about it!

First of all, you need a Georgia. By that, I mean that it's best if you have a friend to help you go through all of it. Georgia has been my official adviser™ on stuff like mobile phone or bank. But first, let's talk about the worst: if you're here to find a job, you WILL need a National Health Insurance number. It is not mandatory but most places won't hire you if you don't have one, so you'd better get one.

How to get this number was what took me the most time to figure out, to be honest. Some people told me I needed to find a GP (a general practitioner)(which I will probably need anyway). Other told me they had no idea. Basically, it was one big mess. The NHS website isn't helping much if you're a foreigner.

After days of research I finally found it, the St.Graal I needed! Turns out, you need to apply for a national health insurance number by calling the number given on this website. They will then ask you a few questions, give you an appointment and then you can get your number. I guess. I haven't been to the appointment yet since it's next week.

Next is the bank. You will want a bank account if you want to get a U.K. phone number, or, again, a job.  You will have to take an appointment, and will only need two things: your passport, and your life story.

Then, the phone company. You will probably want to be able to send texts to other countries, or even use Internet data in other countries. And it's possible! For this, you're the only one who can decide which phone company is the best. Just look up all the options on their websites. I personally went with

The last thing I recommend is to download the Citymapper app. It calculates the cheapest and fastest way to get somewhere, it's just great.

That's all Folks! I hope you enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed writing it. I'm excited for what's to come!

Have a lovely day,

Ams xx

You Might Also Like

0 commentaires

Reading challenge

2018 Reading Challenge

2018 Reading Challenge
Ams has completed her goal of reading 80 books in 2018!
hide